Vacation Prep … Getting Everything Ready to Go
You may have noticed a recent lack of activity on this website … no posts … no rides listed in my Strava ride log. “What is going on?” You may have asked. “Are you giving up mountain biking? No longer doing a blog?”
Well, I have a good explanation for this drought.
The third week of June was an exiting time at the Unden pool.
First off, our extended family celebrated Father’s Day and my father’s 89th birthday on Sunday (approximately 30 people).
The following Wednesday we hosted Cindy’s end of school staff party (45 people).
Then on Saturday we had close to fifty people over to honor Cindy’s retirement from teaching.
Since Cindy was finishing off the school year the responsibility of getting the pool and most everything else ready fell directly on my shoulders. No problem … I enjoy prepping for celebrations (especially blowing off the driveway, sweeping up pine needles, and vacuuming the pool)!
Getting Vacation Ready
We are presently on a family vacation in Dinosaur National Monument in Utah with my daughter and her family. Getting ready for this trip took some doing. Some of the work done to our “new” 1983 travel trailer included:
- Removing, sealing, and re-installing the water tank.
- Changing all incandescent lights to LED.
- Installing a new storage door through the wall.
- Building a new queen-sized bed over the new storage area.
- Sealing the roof.
- Having my brother weld a new hitch onto the trailer’s bumper to hold a bike rack.
- Caulking all exterior corner seams and window frames.
- Installing his-and-her phone charging stations on each side of the new bed.
- Replacing the four old tires with new ones.
- Repairing the propane tank bracket at the front of the trailer.
- Mounting new handles on various drawers and interior doors.
Then came the worst part … packing all the stuff needed for a four week vacation … food, clothing, bikes, kayaks, chairs, etc.!
It took us three days to get to Dinosaur Monument (on the Utah/Colorado border). We plan to stay here for a few days and then head to Yellowstone for a week.
Since all National Parks and Monuments allow no trail riding I am not sure how much mountain biking I will be doing.
After two weeks Alissa and her family will have to head home. Cindy and I plan on staying in Wyoming and/or Idaho the remainder of July to do some mountain biking!!
Do you have any trails to recommend?